2023 Ford F-150® Lightning™ Pro Special Service Vehicle provides the modern turnkey truck policing services needed to reduce costs, increase efficiency and accelerate customers’ sustainability goals
Ford Pro™ continues to help cities move into an electrified, software-driven world with the launch of America’s first police-built electric pickup truck: the 2023 Ford F-150® Lightning™ Pro special service vehicle.
For more than 70 years, Ford has supplied police forces with the vehicles they need to protect and serve communities. Currently, Ford Pro customers include more than 12,000 police departments nationwide and the police vehicle lineup outsells all other police vehicles combined1. The company attributes this success and customer loyalty to the automaker’s close collaboration with its customers, in particular the Ford Police Advisory Board.
“We are proud to offer America’s first electric police pickup truck to local government customers who can use the truck’s breakthrough technology to improve their productivity,” said Nate Oscarson, national government sales manager. from Ford Pro. “Pro Power Onboard can serve as a mobile power source2 to illuminate highway accident scenes at night, the electric powertrain helps potentially reduce costs associated with fuel and scheduled maintenance3 and the Mega Power Frunk provides additional lockable storage space on top of the purpose-built police additions our customers have come to expect from the leader in police vehicles.”
An intelligent electric truck specially built for the police
The 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro SSV combines the trusted Ford Tough® power and performance, including available acceleration from 0-100 mph in less than four seconds4with the vehicle’s high-tech electric platform and innovation with Ford Pro real-time software and support.
The F-150 Lightning Pro SSV is designed to meet specialized department needs outside of chase situations, such as assisting at an accident or crime scene or giving departments the ability to tow a boat or trailer. Purpose Built Features of the F-150 Police Responder® Involving:
- Police-grade heavy-duty fabric seats with reduced reinforcements to help holstered officers get in and out of the vehicle more easily
- Built-in steel intrusion plates in the backrests of the front seats.
- Available red/blue, amber/white LED warning lights on the roof
- An easy-to-assemble, reinforced instrument panel top plate for easy mounting of police equipment
- Easy to clean vinyl rear seats and vinyl floors
Standard features include:
- Interior: 12-inch digital cluster display and 12-inch landscape touchscreen on the center console
- Exterior: Mega Power Frunk gives officers 14.1 cubic feet of lockable front cargo space and provides easy access for mechanics to locate a 220-amp DC-DC power source
- Targeted performance and capabilities: 452 hp, 775 lb.-ft. of torque5, 7,700 pounds towing capacity6 and 2,235 maximum payload7 with a standard range battery and acceleration from 0-100 km/h in under four seconds4, 580 hp, 775 lb.-ft. of torque5and a 10,000 lb. towing capacity6 with the extended battery
- Technology: Intelligent Range, SYNC® 4, wireless Ford Power Up software updates and Ford Co-Pilot360™ technology, including Automatic Emergency Braking and Blindspot Information System (BLIS®) with cross traffic warning8
Accelerate productivity and sustainability with the Ford Pro platform
As part of Ford Pro’s platform of connected vehicles, software and services, the target zero-emissions9 police truck is pre-configured to work seamlessly with a department’s existing fleet of Ford and non-Ford internal combustion engines and battery electric vehicles, chargers and fleet management software. When used together, police departments can proactively manage when vehicles are charged and maintained, potentially resulting in lower operating costs and improved uptime.
Ford Pro SSV customers also benefit from access to the following:
- Available Ford E-Telematics™10 providing manufacturer-grade information, insights and solutions on potential solutions for fuel management, vehicle health and more
- Established network of more than 650 Certified Ford Electric Vehicle Centers in the United States, offering sales, service, financing and charging solutions, as well as 2,300 Ford Certified Electric Vehicle Dealers.
- Consulting services relating to charging installation and operation, data management and digital services
- Ford Pro™through its commercial credit arm FinSimple™provides flexible financing options to municipalities for vehicles and charging solutions, including depot installation, hardware and software to aid in the transition to electric fleets
- Ford Pro’s Body Builder Advisory Service – a free resource with manuals and the latest information on adding special tools and aftermarket equipment
1Based on S&P Global Mobility new vehicle registration data limited to government agencies and POL and SSV trim vehicles for the full year 2021
2Maximum power consumption must not exceed the limits specified in the vehicle owner’s manual. See the owner’s manual for important operating instructions.
3Planned maintenance costs compared to a 2.7-litre EcoBoost® gas model based on the recommended maintenance schedule as published in the owner’s manual. Analysis reflects Ford Motor Company’s standard methodology for calculating planned maintenance costs and reflects data available in 2020.
4When equipped with available extended range battery. Ford test data based on typical industry methodology with 1-ft. Unroll. Your results may vary.
5Horsepower and torque are independent characteristics and cannot be achieved at the same time. Based on testing by manufacturers using computer engineering simulations. Calculated via peak performance of the electric motor(s) at peak battery power. Your results may vary.
6Maximum drag on Pro models with available long range battery and Max. Trailer towing package. Maximum tow varies based on load, vehicle configuration, accessories and number of passengers.
7Maximum payload with standard range battery and 18-inch wheels. See the label on the door jamb for the load capacity of a specific vehicle.
8The driver assistance functions are additional and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the car. It does not replace safe driving. See the user manual for details and limitations.
9Based on EPA exhaust rating. Visit fueleconomy.gov for more information.
10Eligible vehicles will receive a three-year free trial of E-Telematics services commencing on the start date of the new vehicle warranty. Requires modem activation. Conditions apply. Telematics service and features and access to vehicle data are subject to the availability of compatible AT&T networks. Evolving technology/mobile networks/vehicle capabilities may limit functionality and prevent the operation of connected functions. After the three-year trial period, an annual service contract is required for E-Telematics service. Call 833-811-3673 to activate the E-Telematics service.