John Abraham says he would not like to be ‘available for ₹299 or 499’ on OTT

Actor John Abraham promotes his film Ek Villain Returns, which also stars Tara Sutaria, Arjun Kapoor and Disha Patani. The action thriller is produced by Balaji Motion Pictures by Ekta Kapoor and T-Series by Bhushan Kumar. In a new interview, John, whose latest movie Attack Part 1 had an OTT release in May, nearly two months after its release in theaters, explained why he wanted to stay on the big screen as an actor. Read more: John Abraham says critics told him they had written him off due to personal issues

John, who is also a producer, said he “loved the OTT space,” but only if he was the producer and not the actor. His production company, John Abraham Entertainment, has supported projects such as the 2012 film Vicky Donor directed by Shoojit Sircar, and the 2013 film Madras Cafe, which John also starred in.

“As a producer, I love the OTT space. I would love to make films for the medium and serve that audience. But as an actor, I’m very clear that I want to be on the big screen,” he told ETimes.

John said he didn’t like people watching him on their screen at home by paying” 299 or 499′ per month. He added that he would be “offended” if someone at home stops watching his film halfway through. He said he was a “hero on the big screen,” and that’s where he wanted to stay.

“I’m a hero on the big screen and that’s where I want to be seen. At this point I’ll be making movies suitable for the big screen. I’d find it offensive if someone turned my movie off on a tablet halfway through because they’re looking at had to rush the washroom I wouldn’t want to be available for either 299 or 499. I have a problem with it,” said John.

Meanwhile, John’s next one, Ek Villain Returns, is slated for July 29. It was previously scheduled for July 8, 2022. The film is directed by Mohit Suri, who also directed the 2014 film Ek Villain.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.