Ola’s Bhavish Aggarwal on Tata Nexon EV fire

After a Tata Nexon EV caught fire, Ola’s Bhavish Aggarwal quickly made a point. Ola CEO Bhavish Aggarwal said there will be fires in electric vehicles. He quoted a video of the burning Tata Nexon EV and shared it on a social media platform.

Bhavish Aggarwal’s Ola was under fire as an Ola S1 Pro scooter caught fire. Also, many customers complained about quality problems with the new scooter. After a series of electric scooters caught fire in India, a Tata Nexon EV caught fire in Mumbai, Maharashtra.

Bhavish Aggarwal’s comments were his response to criticism he received over customer complaints and a fire incident involving the Ola Electric S1 Pro.

He wrote that electric vehicles catching fire are not uncommon and some of them have been reported worldwide. He also states that such incidents are much rarer in electric vehicles compared to ICE vehicles.

The Indian government has asked the DRDO agency to investigate the scooter fires and come up with solutions to reduce such incidents. Electric car fires are rare in India. In fact, this is the very first Tata Nexon EV to catch fire in India.

Tata Motors shared an official statement

Electric Vehicle Fires Will Happen: Ola's Bhavish Aggarwal After Tata Nexon EV Fire

The vehicle was parked outside a restaurant in Mumbai’s West Vasai district. Police and fire brigade were on site to extinguish the blaze and to get the blazing fire from the vehicle under control. The fire trucks contained the raging blaze, but the exact reason the Nexon EV caught fire remains unknown.

After the incident, Tata Motors shared an official statement. The company said,

“A detailed investigation is currently underway to establish the facts of the recent isolated thermal incident circulating on social media. We will share a detailed answer after our full inquiry. We remain committed to the safety of our vehicles and their users. This is the first incident after more than 30,000 EVs have combined more than 100 million km across the country in nearly 4 years.”

Tata has yet to discover the exact reason for the fire, noting that the Tata Nexon EV remains the best-selling electric car in India. There could be several reasons behind the fire. It includes short circuit, battery management system issues and overcharging are the only reasons. In the past, we have seen a number of electric scooters from different brands catch fire on the road.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.