Toyota’s Impressive, Electrified Lineup Made a Big Deal at the Electrify Expo 2022 in Long Beach, California
Toyota’s impressive electrified lineup was on display at the Electrify Expo 2022 in Long Beach, California. As the leader in electrified mobility, Toyota will feature the all-new battery-electric 2023 bZ4X and Tundra i-FORCE MAX hybrid, along with other Toyota plug-in hybrids and fuel cell electric models to explore. Toyota plans to expand to approximately 70 electrified models globally by 2025, and this diverse portfolio of electrified products will help Toyota achieve its goal of carbon neutrality by 2050. The expo kicked off its 2022 tour at the Long Beach Convention Center, June 3-5.
Going beyond zero
Toyota’s all-new, battery-electric bZ4X is the first of seven electric vehicles to be introduced worldwide under the “Toyota bZ” brand, with “bZ” standing for “Beyond Zero”. The streamlined SUV is available in two configurations, front-wheel drive (FWD) or all-wheel drive (AWD) with XLE FWD, delivering an EPA-estimated range of up to 400 km per charge. The ‘hi-tech and emotional’ design theme is reflected in the bold exterior and wide, spacious interior with premium finishes. It comes with intuitive technical features through a standard 12.3-inch widescreen Toyota Audio Multimedia system that interacts via touch and voice controls. The bZ4X also demonstrates premium handling with smooth acceleration, instant torque delivery and off-road capability on AWD models with X-mode®. The bZ4X is now arriving in dealers and starting at $42,000 for the XLE FWD model.
Strikes an impressive balance between efficiency and power
Along with the bZ4X, Toyota brought several other beloved electric vehicles to experience at the festival’s Ride and Drive event, including the Tundra i-FORCE MAX hybrid, Prius Prime, RAV4 Prime and Mirai.
- Tundra i-FORCE MAX features an all-new third-generation Tundra hybrid twin-turbo V6, which has been redesigned from the ground up. This powerful powertrain produces 437 horsepower and 583 lb.-ft of torque without sacrificing efficiency, with EPA-estimated fuel economy of up to 22 MPG combined on select models. And it comes standard on the premium Capstone and the highly capable TRD Pro Grade, which is available to ride.
- Prius Prime is the plug-in hybrid version of the world’s best-selling hybrid, with an EPA-estimated 54 combined MPG and an astonishing driving range of 640 miles. It also has an estimated 133 MPGe when fully charged. It was the first Toyota hybrid to use a twin-motor drive system that helps improve acceleration in EV mode for spirited driving up to an estimated 40 miles when fully charged. With advanced interior displays and intelligent efficiency, the iconic Prius continues to redefine the latest hybrid technology.
- The RAV4 Prime is the fastest, most powerful and most fuel efficient RAV4 ever, with an EPA-estimated 42 miles on just the battery on a single charge. The RAV4 Prime boasts up to a manufacturer-estimated 94 combined MPGe, along with an impressive combined net power of 302 horsepower, advanced four-wheel drive and exclusive design features that make it a master on the road.
- Mirai, which means future in Japanese, is Toyota’s fuel cell electric vehicle (FCEV) powered by hydrogen that eliminates only water from the exhaust. The second-generation Mirai is built on a rear-wheel drive platform, creating a mid-sized luxury sports sedan with improved driving performance and a range of 402 EPA-estimated miles on the Mirai XLE — a nearly 30% increase in range over the model of the first generation.
Toyota’s activation showcases the electrified lineup with a focus on the bZ4X, Mirai and Prius Prime on display. The interactive space also provides the following for participants:
- Access an all-new Powertrain Lifestyle digital quiz to match users to a powertrain that best suits their needs
- Screen printed swag bags in real time on a fully recyclable tote bag with a limited edition design